Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Wow, its been a while

Well, I'm sorry that its been so long since my last post, I guess I'm just really bad at this sort of thing. This is definitely a good way to show ideas and such, but I just get bogged down with other things, mostly of the video game variety. Anyways, here's what I've been doing over the xmas holidays and the beginning of 2007.







A wedding band for a client whom I made an engagement ring for. This band is for him and his fiancee's engagement ring matches it. 14k White Gold










Another wedding band, but this one is like no other ring I've ever made. The client wanted a plaid pattern out of 14k pink and white gold. The pattern penetrates halfway through the ring. It's made through a technique called, ironically enough, marriage of metal. What this means is that different metals are placed side by side, or fitting within each other and soldered together. So each individual line of pink you see on the ring, is a slice of pink metal and the same goes for the white. This probably the most technically challenging ring I've ever made. The pattern continues around the other side of the band.










A sapphire and 14k white gold ring with circle design elements.









Sterling Silver and Sacred Seven Quartz. A piece I made for a the Metal Arts Guild of Canada's travelling exhibition as 2007 is Craft Year in Canada. Now whether or not the piece actually makes it into the show is questionable. Also, about the stone. Its called a Sacred Seven stone because it is supposed to contain seven different minerals within the stone, and its supposed to contain spiritual and psychic properties. If you believe in that stuff, great. What really interests me though, are the seven minerals. They are: amethyst, cacoxenite, clear quartz/rock crystal, smokey quartz, rutile, geothite, and lepidocrocite. An interesting stone to say the least.



Anyways, more to come very soon!

No comments: