Sunday, October 23, 2011

One of a Kind Countdown: 5 weeks to go!

Logo_vert_blue_rgb

As I have for the Queen West Artcrawl, I'm going to be doing a countdown to the One of a Kind Xmas Show. I think this one will be another "right up to the last minute" kind of preparations. For the One of a Kind show, I was producing seven new stainless steel watches as well as having my sterling silver watches. For this years One of a Kind Show, I'm attempting to have about double the new stainless steel watches as well as having the ones I had at the Queen West(provided they don't sell between now and then). There was so much interest in the stainless watches at the Queen West that I've just had to go all out for the One of a Kind.

I guess I should really start with some of the particulars about the One of a Kind this year. It's taking place from Novemeber 24th until Dec 4th at the Direct Energy Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Please note though that I won't be there for the whole show. I'll be there for the final six days which are from November 29th until Dec 4th. I'm in booth # O-35 which is almost smack dab in the middle of the show floor.

So back to the watches. I've really been busy with coming up with new designs for my stainless steel watches for the show. I'll have new quartz watches, new mechanical watches, new large(above 40mm) mechanical watches and also I'll have new automatic watches, one even has a power reserve indicator! As progress is made on these new designs, I'll be posting some pictures and details regarding these timepieces. All I've got for you now is a couple pictures of the stainless steel cases I'm using.

Cases1
Yes thats right, thats a PVD case right in front! If you are not sure what PVD is, just wait! It will be in one of my "Watch Parts" series of posts. Its basically a coating on the steel to make it a uniform colour, usually black. I'll have two of these watches at the show.

Stay tuned for my next post, it will most likely be the next in the "Watch Parts" series and then the post after that I should have some new progress news! Thanks for reading!

No comments: