Sunday, September 11, 2011

QWAC Crunch Time

And here we are, the final week before the show, the time when real panic and hysteria sets in. Everything needs to come together, work(jewellery and watches) need to be finished, items for the booth need to be accounted for, packed and loaded into the car, check and double check the checklist, breath...sometimes I really wonder if its worth it to do these shows. Of course, once I'm there and set up and I start seeing people react to my work(hopefully in a good way), its all worth while(and making a few sales helps too!).

Though this last week before the show is going to be a doozy for me. During this week is my wedding anniversary(8 years married to my wonderful wife), doing all of the regular things like looking after my son all day, cleaning, getting groceries, prepping the house for my parents to stay(they are coming to help at the show...couldn't do it without them), cooking and loads of other things I just can't take the time to think about, plus I've got to get ready for the show. I've also been asked to do online 'interviews' by two different websites(I'll have links to them when they are posted). So, no rest for the weary. But you don't need to hear about my hardships! I'm sure you'd like to see the progress I've made on my watches.

So, the watches. Everything seems to be going well, but I think it's really going to come down to the wire for a couple of them. I discovered at the end of last week that the hands that I ordered for a couple of them weren't the right ones. So out of my mouth poured some profanity and in goes an order to my supplier. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it arrives on time, if not, there are going to be some strange hands on two of the watches, be warned.

The rest of the watches have been coming along nicely. I even have one finished! Here's a couple photos of some of the dials which are pretty much done and the finished watch. I also tried to take a photo showing the luminous property of the finished watch, but the photo was terrible so I haven't included it, just know that it does glow in the dark!

Seeing as I have so much to do, I'm going to cut short this week's blog. I will be posting another blog just before the show and I'll also be blogging during the show for those people that can't make it can see what they are missing out on. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all out at the Queen West Artcrawl this coming weekend!

No comments: